Educational Video by Dr. Sampada Dessai
Let us have a look at this detailed and informative video about Ovarian Cancer and its Treatment. In this video Dr. Sampada Dessai talks about the various symptoms, causes and the different stages of ovarian cancer.What are the early signs of ovarian cancer?
Only 15- 20 percent of ovarian cancer are diagnosed In the early stages. This is because mostly its symptoms are similar to other common illness and are often neglected. It is recommended to seek evaluation if you continuously suffer from any of these following symptoms for a longer time or too frequently.
- Abdominal bloating or swelling
- Discomfort in the pelvic area
- Loss of appetite, quickly feeling full when eating
- Frequent urge to urinate more than usual
- Pain during Intercourse
- Some less common symptoms are:
- Back pain
- Menstrual irregularity
The symptoms will persist due to ovarian cancer and become more severe as the tumor grows.
- Some severe symptoms/ signs include:
- Fluid buildup in the abdomen (ascites)
- Fluid bulid up around lungs( pleural effusion)
- Obstruction or blockage of the digestive tract (bowel obstruction)
If the cancer reaches a later stage without any intervention, some individuals may develop:
Know more about ovarian cancer.